OK so it’s a very late “early” publication but well, that’s me ! I’m trying to post the manga bit by bit. If it happens to be better then I’ll adopt that publication style for a page every 1 or 2 days…
Let me know your opinion. Some people don’t like to get things bit by bit. Some others do like it etc…
I finally did it. What a pain it was…but now everything works just fine !
-Now comments are open again I’m using disqus so you can comment with your cherished social network account, get replies, follow people, vote etc…
-The manga reader works correctly (but still needs some serious CSS to be less…horrible)
-Social network buttons are everywhere
-Old posts have been input (manually and painfully)
I finally got a functional website ! (which I was looking for since 8 years)
Now let’s do some manga stuff…
A few impact effect tries. Mainly to compare my ability to use a graphire, intuos and Cintiq…Cintiq is the last (and best one in my opinion).
These days I’ve finally been able to get back to WASTE. Chapter 3 is definitely coming out before February 14.
With chapter 3 I decided to go for photoshop as my main and only drawing program. So I’m relearning to make my FX and find the tools I’m comfortable with from scratch again. That certainly is the kind of disadvantage you have over traditional media. It’s frightening to see how much a program can influence you.
I went for photoshop mainly because the unrivaled freedom and possibilities it provides. I can even now reuse Manga Studio and inject it in photoshop in an easy way. But I want to do everything in PS so I don’t have to dance switch between programs.
Photoshop gives lots of freedom but you have to build your own tools from scratch (I’m crafting lots of brushes). However I’m really happy from what I get.
The render of this panel was really puzzling me as I didn’t render interiors since…so many years.
I made a first try with soft gradients of gray I posted on my facebook page but neither me nor readers were convinced. So I gave it another try.
The goal was to avoid gradients which are everything but line art (and they also print very bad). So I went for high black and white threshold.
To do so I made my own brushes in photoshop. It really worked really smoothly and I’m pretty happy with the result !